Export thread

ariens mower - won't start.

E

EllenCherryCharles

I've only had this puppy for about a year. Used weekly to mow 2 acres.
It was running fine, but I was admittedly stressing it mowing too short on grass about 5 inches tall.
It stalled then wouldn't start again. It won't even turn over. When the key is turned, the engine moves about an inch then rotates back. Again, doesn't turn over. It has gas and a recent oil change. I'm thinking about replacing the spark plug. Any help out there for this little lady? Obviously this is not my forte and my pretty boy boyfriend knows less than I do...

Ariens a22a46
Can text a video if that would help.

Thanks so much in advance! Xo

Carscw

Carscw

I've only had this puppy for about a year. Used weekly to mow 2 acres. It was running fine, but I was admittedly stressing it mowing too short on grass about 5 inches tall. It stalled then wouldn't start again. It won't even turn over. When the key is turned, the engine moves about an inch then rotates back. Again, doesn't turn over. It has gas and a recent oil change. I'm thinking about replacing the spark plug. Any help out there for this little lady? Obviously this is not my forte and my pretty boy boyfriend knows less than I do... Ariens a22a46 Can text a video if that would help. Thanks so much in advance! Xo

Pull the spark plug out and see if the engine will turn over.
Let us know I what it does.

E

EllenCherryCharles

Nothing. I replaced the spark plug, fuel filter and air filter because it was over due. Still nothing. It's like it isn't getting any power. The engine clenches like it's trying to start, but gets no power so it relaxes back.
It was running fine before the stall. I don't think the engine is dead or anything. It's just a bit over a year old... Should still be under warranty, though I would have no clue where to start with sorting that out...

BlazNT

BlazNT

Check the battery. I think it is dead.

Carscw

Carscw

The deck belt was in a jam. She took the belt off and put it back on and bang it started.

BlazNT

BlazNT

That is very interesting. Something new to check.

Carscw

Carscw

When she tried to start it the deck moved.
I asked her to remove the deck belt. She found it stuck between the engine pulley and the belt guide.