Ariens Max zoom 60 deck belt vibration

johns73

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just curious how bad your deck belt vibrates on your Ariens max zoom or your gravely HD ZT's. My spring is adjusted to the 12.5 inches but still vibrates pretty bad. I pulled the blades off and it still does it without the blades. It slaps the right side trans and leaves belt dust on the deck from rubbing the belt guard when it slaps. Any ideas before I have to take it to dealer. It only has 4 hours on it. Here is a video with the blades off deck.Thanks

Last edited:

Roachman

Threads
Have you checked the spindles for play with the belt tension released or the belt removed? Are the pulleys true and not dented or warped and/or the spindles are not bent or out of alignment? Is the belt intact with no variance in the contact surfaces?

johns73

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes yesterday pulled both belts checked and spun everything. The tensioner arm bushing is a little sloppy. I can move up and down maybe 1/4 inch. I'm thinking maybe I need to go tighter than they recommend with the belt spring measurement. Thanks

johns73

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok the ariens support say that it is normal to have belt dust on new mower and to keep an eye on it and run it 25 hours and go from there. They said the video looked normal to them. What do you all think that have this machine? Is it normal. Thanks