Ariens 17.5 HP gear tractor from Homedepot anyone change their seat?

tigercat

Threads
  • / Ariens 17.5 HP gear tractor from Homedepot anyone change their seat?
I'd like a better seat on this little tractor. I also want the seat switch to work correctly, so does anyone have a recommendation on where to buy one?

Thanks!

Pics of little orange machine, notice my anti scalp wheels........

tigercat

Threads
The original seat is some what uncomfortable on my lower back. so.......

Without, a reply, I was doing some homework I removed the seat and found that the original seat attaches with a 5/16" screw and a 1/2" screw in the center of the seat. The switch is not part of the seat, as the switch is located in the 2 piece bracket below it.

It looks pretty straightforward, so I ordered this seat which by looking at the bolt pattern should work. It's sold thru Amazon or other places for around $55 bucks. (A & I Deluxe Midback Utility Seat Black, Model# TM555BL) Dimensions W x D x H (in.) 18 1/2 wide x 19 1/2 x 16 tall.

When I receive the seat I'll update this post for anyone who may want to replace theirs.

tigercat

Threads
I had a few minutes today so I removed the seat and took a few pictures.

This is it mounted to the tractor. Notice the seat switch is mounted to the seat frame. To remove the seat you simply remove the 2 center screws which hold the seat onto the frame.

This is the original seat resting on the grass.

As I turn it over you notice the two screw holes in the center of the seat. A 1/2" screw and a 5/16" screw.

When I get the new seat in, I'll update this topic again.

Last edited:

tigercat

Threads

I received my new seat from the UPS man. I removed if from the box and everything looked great. On the bottom side there are many holes drilled and tapped at various locations so many seat types should adapt with little effort. I'm going to use the 3 center bolts, 2 3/8 bolts are needed (which are not provided) and the center hole which is 1/2-13. The original 1/2-13 screw is too short so I reached in my screw section on my bench and grabbed 2 3/8 bolts which are 1" long and a 1/2" bolt which is also 1" long. I added a flat washer and a lock washer to each bolt while I bolted them up.

Installation time 5 minutes, The seat feels great on my back & bottom side. Yes $50 bucks well spent.

I hope someone finds this little how I fixed my seat topic useful in the future.

Picture of little orange tractor with a grown up seat on top.