Anyone own or have used husqvarna 525ls or 535ls

dfbrown

Threads
As posted above would like feedback on reviews of husqvarna 525ls or even the bigger 535ls trimmers. I have and used stihl FS130 91,11,131 250, and 240s and echos and Honda’s as a reference. Anyone comparing to those I mentioned. Good bad great terrible all the above. Things like power power delivery smoothness etc etc. all and any info w be great. Thank you

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have been running a 525 LS for 2 or 3 years professionally and really like it. The weight and balance are good, it starts and runs as it should and the anti-vibration on the right handle is a nice plus. Power is good for routine weekly or every-other-week trimming. I haven't really used it for heavy duty trimming. The choke is hard to engage though, especially when new. Not a deal breaker though. Guys who take the trimmer guard off and run their string long (I leave mine on) favor the LST model.

dfbrown

Threads
Thanks for the feedback. Does that handle really help keep vibrations down. Have you adjusted carb like the manual says after 8-10 tanks. Says they come rich for break in and then you can really tune it?? Any idea what kinda of rpm it turns if you ever tached it. I have fs94r which would Be similar and I like it but was curious about the huskys to try one. Thanks again

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yeah the handle is nice but still feels firm during use. I probably didn't adjust the carb bit not sure. Never put a tach on it. Overall I think I actually like my old Husqvarna 323 better because it's so light and easier to use one handed. Those are out of production. The 525 is still pretty light but a bit heavier than what I like for what I do.

Oh, I just recalled that I lost the gearbox on my 525 this last season. I've been a pro landscaper since 2002 and have never had a gearbox on a trimmer fail before. So maybe the more robust gearbox on the LST would be a good idea?

bbbobbbo69

Threads
Sorry to hijack thread op but Daryl can you please share symptoms of gearbox fail?
Did it still start up? Did it make screeching/grinding noise in shaft when throttled?
Cjeers