Anyone ever seen one?

cadet60

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a B&S 3hp horizontal shaft I/C engine which has a lamp mounted in the spark plug hole, making a table lamp. I tried to post pics, but got a message that file was too large. I was told by the old man who gave it to me it was a retirement gift for a worker in the factory. I'll give a description of what I have: basic engine(looks complete, looks are deceiving). No ID numbers stamped on shroud. Recoil start, flywheel has no magnet or ign, coil . Pulsa-Jet carb, no tubes to draw fuel out of tank. Small ovoid muffler. 5/8"-18x2 5/16"

crankshaft output shaft. Internally, no piston or rod, no valve train or cam, however it does have some kind of switch interacting in some way with crankshaft. I know this because with lamp on, pulling starter cord causes lamp to flash on and off. If crank isn't in proper position, lamp doesn't light. Asking on B&S website got no response. Thanks, Mike.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a B&S 3hp horizontal shaft I/C engine which has a lamp mounted in the spark plug hole, making a table lamp. I tried to post pics, but got a message that file was too large. I was told by the old man who gave it to me it was a retirement gift for a worker in the factory. I'll give a description of what I have: basic engine(looks complete, looks are deceiving). No ID numbers stamped on shroud. Recoil start, flywheel has no magnet or ign, coil . Pulsa-Jet carb, no tubes to draw fuel out of tank. Small ovoid muffler. 5/8"-18x2 5/16"

crankshaft output shaft. Internally, no piston or rod, no valve train or cam, however it does have some kind of switch interacting in some way with crankshaft. I know this because with lamp on, pulling starter cord causes lamp to flash on and off. If crank isn't in proper position, lamp doesn't light. Asking on B&S website got no response. Thanks, Mike.

How I do pics: If they're on your phone, transfer them to your computer. Then right click on the pic and select "Open with paint.' When the pic opens in the paint program, select "resize" from the menu at the upper left. I usually pick a size that's about 4X4 or so. on the computer screen. Then click save.
Then you can upload it.