Anybody "Packing Steel" here...??

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
You guys could interpret that title to mean if anyone is armed, or since the majority of us ARE packing our steel mowers, tractors, blowers, etc. I wonder if anyone correctly interpreted it as asking if anybody is following the Superbowl game tonite....:confused2:

Either we have a lot of members here who don't give a bleep about pro football, or we have a lot who are such rabid fans they cannot spend any time on LMF saying "Packs Rule, Pitts Drool" or the reverse.

A little humor here, I live in Michigan, home of the Lions...we have a joke going around that reads:

This couple is speeding down the freeway in Detroit, and the police pull them over. After checking, the boys in blue learn the couple has no outstanding warrants, so they let them go with a warning and a pair of tickets to a Lions football game. What the couple doesn't understand is, the next time they get stopped in the Detroit area for a traffic violation, they will be immediately given the strictest penalty the law allows, which will be a choice of going to jail, or attending the next Lions football game.

And I have been telling my brother and friends for years that if the Lions ever manage to perform well enough to get a Super Bowl berth, I will cheeerfully splurge for a party for us all with an free open bar, catered food, a hot tub, and strippers. My brother says the odds of me hosting that party are about the same of a snowballs chance in hades.

No, I AM NOT A SPORTS FAN, never have been, never will be. Only reason I will be watching the game tonight is for the commercials, which is the exact opposite of why people are supposed to watch TV.

Weird, huh? Yes, I can be...

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
NOT a sports fan either. Only team I pull for is anyone that beats the Cowboys ! :tongue:

Dallas, TX (AP) - A seven year old boy was at the center of a Dallas County courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulation requiring that family unity be maintained to the highest degree reasonably possible.
The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried and said that they also beat him.
After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.
After two recesses to check legal references and confer with the child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Dallas Cowboys professional football team,

whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone. :rolleyes:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am laughing so hard tears are rolling down my cheeks....:thumbsup:

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
NOT a sports fan either. Only team I pull for is anyone that beats the Cowboys ! :tongue:

I'm not much of a football fan -- I haven't seen an entire game in years -- but I do root for the Redskins -- which implies that I like to see the Cowboys lose.:wink:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm not much of a football fan -- I haven't seen an entire game in years -- but I do root for the Redskins -- which implies that I like to see the Cowboys lose.:wink:

Lived in "northern VA" for 30 years until I retired - You had to root for the Redskins (if any team at all).
:thumbsup:

173abn

Threads
hate to say it but I love my football,go chiefs!also love watching australian football. russ

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Lived in "northern VA" for 30 years until I retired - You had to root for the Redskins (if any team at all).
:thumbsup:

I grew up in Arlington, VA and still have relatives in the area.

In the deep south, there doesn't seem to be much loyalty to pro teams. In Georgia, I'll bet a survey looking for avid fans would reveal 100 University of Georgia fans for every one Atlanta Falcons fan -- maybe a slight exaggeration.:biggrin:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Tech. Ed. Teacher for 30 years in Fairfax County -- lived in Manassas for 27.

I grew up in Arlington, VA and still have relatives in the area.

In the deep south, there doesn't seem to be much loyalty to pro teams. In Georgia, I'll bet a survey looking for avid fans would reveal 100 University of Georgia fans for every one Atlanta Falcons fan -- maybe a slight exaggeration.:biggrin: