anybody heard of?

173abn

Threads
I was on tractorbynet and came across this thread of a guy asking about Ingersoll mowers.I went to their website called Eastman Ingersoll and they also sell this push type mower that operates on a cushion of air instead of wheels.the deck is a Deep Tripod polyethylene,it comes in two sizes .The smaller one uses a 2hp honda engine designed for continous incline operation w/a 16"deck.the larger is a 5.5hp honda w/a 19"deck .both are designed to cut lake banks & slopes with tall wet grass. russ

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Years ago ... it was called the hover-mower ...
Lots of dust and dirt, not too nice on sand, blows it every where..

If you are mowing any type grass that needs lift, it will not work, as it pushes down.
Very unusual type of mower, it was easy to use, glides left or right, front or back easily.... Didn't realize they were still around.... :smile:KennyV

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I was on tractorbynet and came across this thread of a guy asking about Ingersoll mowers.I went to their website called Eastman Ingersoll and they also sell this push type mower that operates on a cushion of air instead of wheels.the deck is a Deep Tripod polyethylene,it comes in two sizes .The smaller one uses a 2hp honda engine designed for continous incline operation w/a 16"deck.the larger is a 5.5hp honda w/a 19"deck .both are designed to cut lake banks & slopes with tall wet grass. russ

I sAw one when I was 8 years old (a long, long time ago). The neighbor got one. I thought it was the coolest thing I had ever seen. It mystified me, a lawn mower with no wheels. If I've ever seen one again i don't remember it.
Seems like I learned they were good for mowing slopes because you could swing it like a pedulum from side to side from the top of the slope going down.

junebug1701

Threads
I saw one in the mid '70's, it was called a FlyMo. A guy in Florida was using it to mow a steep grass slope that went down towards the beach. He had tied a rope to the handle and stood on the top of the embankment and lowered it down, moved to the side a little, and pulled it back up. I thought that was the coolest thing.