Export thread

Any one ever had problems with 48'' Husqvarna older model broke 3 deck belts with in 2hrs.has two new spindells .

W

watson

Any one ever had problems with 48'' Husqvarna older model broke 3 deck belts with in 2hrs.has two new spindells .

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

did you replace the spindles before or after the belts started breaking?

A

a022mil

Check to make sure your frame is not cracked, mine was, that is why My belts were not working, had to replace entire frame, that is one bad item about husguavara mowers.

B

bertsmobile1

We need to see the belt.
The damage to the belt will tell you why it is breaking.
Search " V belt failure guide " and you will find lots of charts from belt makers & mower makers to help you understand why your belts are failing .

R

Rivets

Also post the unit model and serial numbers so we can see which unit you have.

W

watson

did you replace the spindles before or after the belts started breaking?
Belt was replaced after spindles were installed .

W

watson

Belt was replaced after spindles were installed .

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

So there was no issues BEFORE you installed the new spindles?

W

watson

So there was no issues BEFORE you installed the new spindles?
Was used when i bought it so do not know the history ,was in need of carb & Manifold etc put more in than it was worth and still have issues.

M

mechanic mark

Are you using Husqvarna OEM replacement parts? Belts etc.?

J

jbisnette

Did you look for the correct belt schematic to make sure the belt was on right to begin with.
check the idler pulley that it is good.

cpurvis

cpurvis

I would guess there is something wrong with the spindle installation causing pulley alignment/belt tension issues.

StarTech

StarTech

if using an aftermarket belt(s) for the deck make they are Kelvar corded. Model will help as here the YTH2148 uses two deck belts and YTH2348 uses one or at least the ones I have worked on. Also if using after market make they are actually the right length, many are not.

Poly corded belts will not last very long. One customer was only getting 10 hrs before I found my aftermarket supplier selling me poly belts for the deck.