Another example of Facebook idiocy

pexaj

Forum Newbie
Threads
I might be getting close to deleting my Facebook account. At the least, I might stop advertising stuff for sale on Marketplace. In the past week, I have been hammered by crap like what you see below. I lost count, but I received at least a dozen messages just like this one. Yeah, I'm sure that I want to reply to "Fouhe Uybcs Ckit" and allow him to mine my data. I'm barely able to hold off on sending an immediate reply. LOL! I no longer respond to any message that uses one of the canned responses, like this jerk did with the "Hello, is this still available?" canned message. I also now check EVERY profile before I reply. Unless I see "friends" that I recognize or that my wife recognizes, no reply from me. Old, "Fouhe" has no friends and lists nothing at all in the "About" section of his profile.

I still want to know why Facebook seems completely unable to do anything about crap like this, but if I post up something a little too conservative for them, I get hammered with 10 to 15 minutes, Does that seem strange to any of you guys? One of the things I get placed in Facebook jail for is referring to Biden as "The Idiot". If I post that, I can expect some type of warning within 15 minutes. But, these guys do this type of crap all day, everyday, and Facebook seems unable, or unwilling, to do a thing about it Tailored YouTube Subscribers Solutions. I always report this crap to Facebook using their method of reporting such things as seen in the bottom screenshot, but nothing is ever done.

View attachment 63949

View attachment 63950

View attachment 63951

View attachment 63952

Hey there! Dealing with spam and unwanted messages on Facebook can be quite frustrating. I agree with concerns about privacy and the challenges in getting satisfactory responses from Facebook, but I remain hopeful that improvements will come. Facebook needs to enhance its systems to tackle these issues more effectively. Personally, I appreciate Facebook for its opportunities, like the option to purchase inexpensive Facebook likes. Anyway, I hope your situation improves soon!

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Join the crowd. Face Trash is nothing but a life waster.

It all depends on how you manage your page. I keep 95% of the politics off my page. 95% of mine is either animal stuff or funny stuff. And I've stopped following a BUNCH of things that used to trash up my page. And I think I'm down to about 20 people on my friends list. People I actually know. Or people that someone in my family actually knows. <<And that one is very iffy.

Someone doxxed me on my business page, so I shut it down. Business is very slow, so I may start a new one. I live pretty far out in the country. So there's no way of people finding me.

Facebook is what you make it. If you keep it drama free, it's pretty enjoyable.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
It all depends on how you manage your page. I keep 95% of the politics off my page. 95% of mine is either animal stuff or funny stuff. And I've stopped following a BUNCH of things that used to trash up my page. And I think I'm down to about 20 people on my friends list. People I actually know. Or people that someone in my family actually knows. <<And that one is very iffy.

Someone doxxed me on my business page, so I shut it down. Business is very slow, so I may start a new one. I live pretty far out in the country. So there's no way of people finding me.

Facebook is what you make it. If you keep it drama free, it's pretty enjoyable.
Yeah, Im only friends with people i know, or have communicated with on truck repairs etc, i keep my groups to Small engine repair and Dodge trucks.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yeah, Im only friends with people i know, or have communicated with on truck repairs etc, i keep my groups to Small engine repair and Dodge trucks.

Dodge trucks? I'm thinking extremely seriously about the new 2nd gen dodge dash cores that are available now. And a new dash (from a different company). With a new A/C core and heater core.
This was already going to be done. But since I shut down my business FB page, I haven't had enough customers to pay for it.
It's going to happen though. Lots of good reviews on the lower cores from that dodge FB group.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I gotta whittle down my "friends" list. Many I don't know at all. Just view common stuff.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I gotta whittle down my "friends" list. Many I don't know at all. Just view common stuff.

At one time, anyone that sent me a friends request, I'd accept it. And never chat with them at all. Or very little. Even old classmates.
it took a long time to unfriend or unfollow people, because you have to do them one at a time. After I got the list whittled down, I almost never accept a friends request now.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Dodge trucks? I'm thinking extremely seriously about the new 2nd gen dodge dash cores that are available now. And a new dash (from a different company). With a new A/C core and heater core.
This was already going to be done. But since I shut down my business FB page, I haven't had enough customers to pay for it.
It's going to happen though. Lots of good reviews on the lower cores from that dodge FB group.
LMC truck is the place to go for dash cores etc.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
DRT parts is another name i have seen, but get mixed opinions on their customer service