All of a sudden when cutting and spraying... my Outlaw Extreme blades started engaging when I turned the PTO

ciscoii

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / All of a sudden when cutting and spraying... my Outlaw Extreme blades started engaging when I turned the PTO
switch off and they disengage when I turn the switch on. Happened all of a sudden while using the mower; I may have cut it off to answer a call but I was still in the mower. I suspect seat switch, PTO switch or clutch? Looking help.

ciscoii

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / All of a sudden when cutting and spraying... my Outlaw Extreme blades started engaging when I turned the PTO
switch off and they disengage when I turn the switch on. Happened all of a sudden while using the mower; I may have cut it off to answer a call but I was still in the mower. I suspect seat switch, PTO switch or clutch? Looking help.
It will crank now with the blades engaged but it won't when pot switch is off

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Switches don't normally just up and reverse their operation. Sounds more like someone had been fooling around with the electrical system. Even relays don't change this way.

ciscoii

Forum Newbie
Threads
No one has touched this mower but me since it was new. I've had no problems...just maintenance since March 2018. I was on the mower, cutting grass and spraying ant hills for a hour or more and stopped to call someone. That's how it was....the click of the PTO (clutch) changed. It clicked when I turned the switch OFF....rather than on. The seat switch is working. I cranked the mower with blades rotating and moved it in my shop but stood up and it cut off. The PTO switch is working but backwards. The clutch has been a little louder than normal for 3 years...I bought a clutch 3 years ago. I'll replace the suspect today and get back here. If not it....I'll look at relay. I also have a spare PTO switch....I buy stuff early inc. the belts I put on 2 months ago were purchased 5 years back.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
20 mule team Borax and plain old white sugar, 50/50 mix. Great for killing ants, termites and most other bugs. They like us go for the sugar and get the Borax sleeping pills LOL. Just sprinkle a little on a mound and they will take it to the queen. Bye bye..... Easy on the environment too.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
1727977087292.png
1727977160598.png