Export thread

Alabama Walker

A

AUT27

Hey Everyone, I’m Will from north Alabama. I’ve been looking around on this site for some time and wanted to finally sign up. I’m a mechanical engineer and love taking care of my zoysia lawn with my Walker T27i. Hopefully I can get involved in this community and add to the conversation. F36E292B-FA7D-4B17-B5FE-E6F4F139C72C.jpeg1DD994D1-FE38-4DA0-A076-76F7E8458A66.jpeg

Catherine

Catherine

Hi Will. Welcome to the forum.

Nice pics!

M

mddickson74

Welcome to the forum Will.

Nice looking lawn. Where in North Alabama are you?

A

AUT27

Welcome to the forum Will.

Nice looking lawn. Where in North Alabama are you?
Thanks! I’m in Limestone County.

M

mddickson74

You really are up north.

That is the first Walker I have even heard about.

I guess that you really have to be a commercial mower to get one of those.

A

AUT27

You really are up north.

That is the first Walker I have even heard about.

I guess that you really have to be a commercial mower to get one of those.
There are quite a few dealers in Alabama and Tennesse. I’m not commercial at all, I just like these mowers and they cut zoysia better than all other mowers I’ve had.

B

bertsmobile1

The only thing that cuts as good as a Walker is the articulated Husqvarnas .
Lots of used Walkers around.
For a home owner they are a once in a life time purchase as Walker is a small family owned business dedicated to making the best mower they can.
Not a big business dedicated to making as much money as it can
It shows in the quality & longivity of the products.
The only real down side is they have a lot of greasing points and with the over top collector the engines get filthy so take a lot of cleaning.
The horizontal shaft engines will run 100,000 hours and the mower itself even longer.
I got some really old ones in my run and they still cut better than anything you can buy new now days