Air filter conversion

Mad_mat222

Threads
Greetings,
I just purchased a donaldson filter for a FX651 to convert my FR651. I failed to realise that the intake is larger on the FX machine. This appears to be a marketing ploy as the outlet side of the filter is 50mm. The same as the FR intake. But they have made the FX 63mm. Presumably to detail easy mods instead of paying for the more expensive motor. I digress.

To the people that have previously converted, did you get the appropriateply Sized intake pipe or swap out the intake to the larger FX model? Part number would be much appreciated.
cheers
mat

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In Australia the conversion kit is available as KAWASAKI factory parts from Roy Gripskie & Sons
The link below contains both the kit and all of the individual Part numbers if you take the KAW off the front of the numbers .
From memory I can not be sure if the pipe is stepped at one end
Note there are 2 kits one for the 541 to 600 and another for the 651 to 730 use larger diameter filter & hoses so you may have grabbed the wrong kit\
Are you sure that you have a 651 and not a 600 ?
Are you sure some one has not swapped over the carbs as the stud centres are the same.
I have done this dozens of time and they were always plug & play
RGS 651 kit
RGS 600 kit

Last edited:

Mad_mat222

Threads
Hose I need is 92192 1360. 50mm id both ends. The fx has a 63mm Id on one end. Tracked one down at Ballarat mowers. Just need to figure out how to swap out these dammed 20x6.5-10 tyre and I’ll be a happy man. I could try a spacer between the rim and the axle I suppose.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Tnx for the PN info as I put a note on my system about the hose ID on both ends for future reference.

Mad_mat222

Threads
Thanks 7934. I have previously read your post Which inspired me just never got around to ordering. I failed to identify the difference in intake pipes and wasn’t something I saw mentioned. Hopefully this prevents someone else needing to buy a seperate pipe.

Mad_mat222

Threads
Completed the conversion with a half decent bracket. It’s as good as it gets without a folder and tig welding. May end up welding on some braces but it moves very little so see how it goes with time. Should have done this years ago.

Caution to future swappers. Make sure the right hose comes with the kit prior to purchase.
IMG_0839.jpegIMG_0840.jpeg

Lawn Pro
Threads
Any movement there will eventually lead to metal fatigue.. I'd add the braces you mentioned.