Air filter box covers low idle valve??

Digiacomo

Threads
I got the box for the air filter in the deal, and after straightening and messing with it for and hour I finally got it to where the lid would fit right, then i had to thread some round stock for bolts, and after i got it all set up and in place, I see that you have to pull the filter off to adjust the idle jet........then put the filter back on and hope that you were lucky enough to get it right after the filter is back on................maybe it isn't the right housing???............anyway, I don't like it, and I can find some filters with inlet tubing, but i can't get any of the sellers to understand that i need the OD of the tube......they just send me back the dimensions of the filter......that carb hole is 1 9/16"..........any ideas would be great......

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The only way you are going to get any ideas as to how to help you is if you will post all your engine numbers. Our psychic powers and ESP has been interrupted by the COVID pandemic so we have no idea as to which engine you may be talking about. Along with the numbers a few pictures of your problem would also help us understand your problem. You must help us to help yourself.

Digiacomo

Threads
I wouldn't think that you would need the info on my machine to lead me to an idea to filter a carborater with a 1 9/16 " inlet.............sorry i took your time.......I'll get it figured out

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Depending on the age of your engine there is no way we can figure out how to help you. There are a possibility of seven different engine brands and maybe as many as one hundred different engine models possible.. That means over seven hundred air box designs available. If you expect us to pick the right one, it would be easier to pick the lottery numbers for this week. I understand that it is a lot of work to find the engine brand and numbers, plus type them into this thread, but it is even more work for us to come and see your problem. The best idea I can give, with the info you provided, is to take a pair of your better half’s pantyhose (if you have one) cut them to fit over the filter box and fit them into place With zip ties. With this cure you will need to remove and clean them after each use. This is the only solution I can come up with, but I’ve only been repairing engines for over 50 years, so a more experienced mechanic may have a better solution. Sorry I can’t help you more, but my age and experience limits my possible recommendations. Good luck in your project.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I wouldn't think that you would need the info on my machine to lead me to an idea to filter a carborater with a 1 9/16 " inlet.............sorry i took your time.......I'll get it figured out
We have no idea if this is a single cylinder Briggs push mower engine or an inline 6 that somebody shoehorned into a Yugo.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well unlike cars where carb inlet is a big thing, on mowers it is not
Add to that no mower filters are sold with specifications so we would have to measure them and I for one have over 100 of them .
Then most filters close onto an enclosure , not onto a carburettor directly .
You would probably do better going to a motorcycle shop with the carb in hand as more motorcycle filters clamp directly to the carb mouth than mower ones do .

Digiacomo

Threads
sorry to have bothered.......I'm gone.....

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Sorry we couldn't help you... and you weren't a bother. we just need basic model information, as there are often many variations to engines and air cleaner set ups for different applications, to be sure we get you the correct information