adjust mower belt

task

Forum Newbie
Threads
hello all. i own a ariens 10-28 rear engine rider.puchased in 2001 and has been trouble free. i was reading my owners manual as for adjusting the tension of the mower belt and just doesnt make any sense to me.i am sure that it is probably a simple procedure if you have done it before. thanks for any input.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
It has been a real long time since I have worked on one, and your model is likely newer than the ones I worked on, but most of those all Rear Engine Riders had the blade belt tension adjusted by loosening the center tube clamp and pulling the front of the mower forward while the rear wheels were locked, didn't take much, then re-tighten.

But if you put up your actual mower's model numbers, we should be able to call up a manual specific to your unit.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Oooop's, I see you have the manual.... What does it say?

task

Forum Newbie
Threads
It has been a real long time since I have worked on one, and your model is likely newer than the ones I worked on, but most of those all Rear Engine Riders had the blade belt tension adjusted by loosening the center tube clamp and pulling the front of the mower forward while the rear wheels were locked, didn't take much, then re-tighten.

But if you put up your actual mower's model numbers, we should be able to call up a manual specific to your unit.

model is 927046 RM1028.there is a 3/4 inch nut under the front of the machine with a spring loaded detent under the nut to keep the nut from turning. it seems to me that i would put my socket on the nut and push in the spring loaded detent so the nut can be turned.my real question is where do i need to have the clutch lever (mower egage /disengage) at while making the adjustment?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would say to have no tension on the belt, and not over-adjust, but do a bit at a time, and check the tension when you re-engage
the blade, it should be snug, but not too tight. Take the plug wire off, and then turn the blade forward, the engine should turn over readily with the turning of the blade.