Adding lights to Rogue

BigBlueEdge

Threads
Does anyone have pictures of the parts that come with the LED tank-mounted light kit for the Rogue (and other models)? I'd like to add lights but certainly not worth spending almost $300 on their kit. I can get a set of LED pod lights for $50 or less and wire it myself. I assume since the side plate where the lights mount is frenched into the gas tank that the BB kit comes with some stand-off spacers to add room between the plate and the tank for the wire to run? I'll either drill holes in the existing metal plates or fab my own plate to replace them.

Thanks!

Mower King

Threads
Does anyone have pictures of the parts that come with the LED tank-mounted light kit for the Rogue (and other models)? I'd like to add lights but certainly not worth spending almost $300 on their kit. I can get a set of LED pod lights for $50 or less and wire it myself. I assume since the side plate where the lights mount is frenched into the gas tank that the BB kit comes with some stand-off spacers to add room between the plate and the tank for the wire to run? I'll either drill holes in the existing metal plates or fab my own plate to replace them.

Thanks!
You could mount a Lightbar on the ROPS or mount the lights on the front of the mower!
Yes the factory lights for the BB Rogue are on the tank pods but.....with enough skill and ingenuity, anything is possible!

BigBlueEdge

Threads
Yes, I certainly could do either of those alternatives. But I like the location of the tank mounted lights. I leave the ROPS down because I have no hills to worry about and I have trees to get under. I also don't want them hanging off the front. Just preferences.

I think I've figured out most of what I need now. Longer 1/4-20 socket head cap screws, 3/8" spacers (might just use a couple nuts because stainless spacers are expensive), rocker style switch and a set of 4 LED pod lights. At this point I'm just trying to figure out the best light situation... spots, floods or spot/flood combo.

Mower King

Threads
Yes, I certainly could do either of those alternatives. But I like the location of the tank mounted lights. I leave the ROPS down because I have no hills to worry about and I have trees to get under. I also don't want them hanging off the front. Just preferences.

I think I've figured out most of what I need now. Longer 1/4-20 socket head cap screws, 3/8" spacers (might just use a couple nuts because stainless spacers are expensive), rocker style switch and a set of 4 LED pod lights. At this point I'm just trying to figure out the best light situation... spots, floods or spot/flood combo.
Yep, sounds like you have the mounting figured out. We sold a Factory BB Rogue Light Kit with a new Rogue mower this week and, that is pretty much what is in the light kit. One good thing with the new LED lights are, they use very little amps and are crazy bright!

BigBlueEdge

Threads
Yep, sounds like you have the mounting figured out. We sold a Factory BB Rogue Light Kit with a new Rogue mower this week and, that is pretty much what is in the light kit. One good thing with the new LED lights are, they use very little amps and are crazy bright!

Any idea on the specs of the LEDs in the factory kit? Brand, watts, spot vs flood, physical size?

Mower King

Threads
Any idea on the specs of the LEDs in the factory kit? Brand, watts, spot vs flood, physical size?
I just looked at them and put them back in the box, I got no specs on them. They might be on BB web site to look at though.

RayMcD

Threads

Thanks!
These work great> https://www.amazon.com/Nilight-ZH01...39046&pd_rd_wg=MGgqz&pd_rd_i=B06XRPZF6Y&psc=1

Cheers, Ray

lugbolt

Threads
I know you're against the rops mount and I can't blame ya. But for those on that fence, putting it on the rops facing forward, sometimes you'll get some nasty shadows directly in front of you, from the operator's head being right in front of the light bar. Ran into that on one I did a while back. Guy hates it so I ended up mounting it on the front where he said "it'd get knocked off". Well which do you prefer a shadow or getting it knocked off? Quit running into stuff, problem solved.