Adding fuel shutoff valve

woodstover

Threads
I have found they are fine for short term use. But if left in place even for a few hours will cause deformation and cracking of the EPA liner, and inner EPA liner separation resulting in restricted fuel flow or plugging of the fuel line at a later period of time with the newer low permeation fuel lines.
I just use them to stop the flow then plug with a tapered punch

Skippydiesel

Threads
I fit fuel shut off taps to all my equipment - makes changing filters so much less messy and prevents that occasional carburettor flooding, that can end up with a crankcase full of fuel/oil mix.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I fit fuel shut off taps to all my equipment - makes changing filters so much less messy and prevents that occasional carburettor flooding, that can end up with a crankcase full of fuel/oil mix.
Say it again Skippy. (y)

Gym123

Threads
I added a fuel shut off when I changed the filter yesterday. My hose pinch pliers are too big for 1/4" and it didn't stop the gas dripping out- I just raised the end of the tank and fuel line so the hose was too high for gravity to work. Since the tank is held in place by two bolts, I removed it to reach the rear shroud bolts better. The fuel line has lost a lot of its elasticity, so I'll be replacing it soon but for now, the head gasket is at the top of the list.