Adding a starter to a non factory start Briggs engine?

troop231

Threads
  • / Adding a starter to a non factory start Briggs engine?
This may seem a little odd, but I would like to know if it's possible to get a flywheel with ring gear for my Briggs 500 series engine and add an electric start to it?

Is this doable from getting a different flywheel from eBay or the likes? I know it may not be worth it, I'm just wondering..

Having a hard time cross referencing what parts could work.

Thank you for the help!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Also, tough for us to help if we don't know your engine model numbers. Some engine can not be retrofit. Is it doable? For most engines yes. Expensive? Can be.

troop231

Threads
Also, tough for us to help if we don't know your engine model numbers. Some engine can not be retrofit. Is it doable? For most engines yes. Expensive? Can be.

Hello, I thought 500 series was the model. After further research, it's a 10T502 engine (100000 model). Just need to know if it can be done with this engine, and where the starter motor would bolt to.

Thank you!

chance123

Threads
It would be a bigger help to have the model, type, and code of the engine

troop231

Threads
It would be a bigger help to have the model, type, and code of the engine

Ok, here is the exact information (was hard to read the stamping) 10L602 - 1621 - F1

troop231

Threads
Any information?

Thank you!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Patience's a virtual, some of us have other jobs and are not on call with this site, what you are asking does take some research and time. According to Briggs that engine did not come with the option of an electric starter. That means there is no bolt pattern built into the block and trying to add an electric starter would be extremely difficult and expensive. There is no cross reference.

troop231

Threads
Patience's a virtual, some of us have other jobs and are not on call with this site, what you are asking does take some research and time. According to Briggs that engine did not come with the option of an electric starter. That means there is no bolt pattern built into the block and trying to add an electric starter would be extremely difficult and expensive. There is no cross reference.

Thank you for taking the time to find out this information. Questions is, would there be room to add the flywheel ring gear and drill and tap some bolts to hold the starter to the block?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In my opinion, no.