About to go all Hank Hill over here.

wils

Threads
Little bit of an update on my situation.

I went ahead and did some lawncare stuff in May, put down some 3-in-1 Weed and Feed for Southern Lawns and let it rain. Then put down some lime pellets for the lawn and let it rain. Then put out a bunch of bermuda seed and here we are. It's been raining pretty good here in Central Texas so the lawn's growing about a foot a week. The heat is starting so pretty soon here there won't be much to do until fall so I'm not really doing much right now except for mowing... and waiting to see if I get some percentage of bermuda to take hold.

My mower pissed me off, one of those tractor style deals. 52" Deere x540. Not a terrible mower. Well I've decided to sell it and went and bought a 60" Gravely 460 (arriving this week). That should make mowing a little more enjoyable.

You see the top picture above, where I was taking care of the first couple acres and leaving the back 4 acres wooded? Well that's changed I had the cedar eater guy out here and he cleared it all up back there. Here's a few pictures of that.

2021-05-21%2012.27.38.jpg

2021-05-21%2012.26.42.jpg

2021-05-21%2012.25.40.jpg

So while the lawn took a little bit of time to put things down, from here it's mostly a waiting game. That back 4 acres I'd like to develop and make it into what the from 2 acres look like. Man that's a lot of work! But I went out and got yet another tool to make it possible. Found a used 5 series tractor and jumped on YouTube to figure out how to do it all. When I'm not mowing the front I'm in the back pushing things around. Sometimes I feel like this is way too much for one person to undertake, but hey.. it's mine, nobody's telling me I'm on any sort of schedule, and I'm going to feel darn proud when I get it together.

Anyway, that's my update! New mower, new tractor, and 200% more property to take care of.

Here's the tractor and the barren field I'm working behind it), not helping with the lawn really... yet. I am able to pull rocks out of trouble spots and level things out so it does see the front yard sometimes.

2021-06-11%2012.55.33.jpg