A Tale of Two Ventracs

toro5xi

Threads
Good point on the condensation. I do run it in the winter to plow the driveway but only for 10 to 15 minutes in some cases. Time to buy a filter. I do have the oil already.

Raw Dodge

Threads
Good point on the condensation. I do run it in the winter to plow the driveway but only for 10 to 15 minutes in some cases. Time to buy a filter. I do have the oil already.

You would be suprised at how many people spend big money on expensive equipment,then ignore the hydro system if they dont run a lot of hours,and pay dearly. The plowing your doing will never get the system hot,the summer use will likely though. With all equipment,there is a fine line with reguard to oil temperature(every oil,not just hydro),you dont want it hot enough to break down the oil,burn the oil,or harden gaskets,hoses and seals,BUT you want it to occasionally get hot enough to burn off any moisture in the system,overcooling is just as bad as overheating.The only way to do that is run the machine for long periods of time occasionally and work it pretty hard.So get to work and give that Ventrac some exercise and burn some moisture off the oil:biggrin:.