A lil skit about Ethanol ........

Mike88se

Threads
Youse guys sure do talk funny ;) Ethanol... good for big agribusiness and politicians Some weekend car guys really like the e85's 103 octane rating but I'm not convinced. The argument on ethanol being "greener" is unconvincing too.
https://www.edmunds.com/fuel-economy/e85-vs-gasoline-comparison-test.html
Why'd you put this in the Briggs forum? If Briggs guys knew that much about engines they wouldn't be Briggs guys :confused:

Threads
Well we live in Cajun Country and got dat Accent. LOL.........

I put it on here because this is one of most read site on the forum.

All mowers and small equipment has a a warning now. No E 85 gas or your warranty is void.

Cars and trucks are being made for that stuff. I don't use any of at all. I use pure gas in all my stuff and tell my customers to do the same.

If you think I got a accent go to facebook and look up my nephew Landun Primeaux. He does funnier than ***** videos. Every now and then he has a few go viral with over a million views.......

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wow..that'll sure wake y'all up an a Saturday morn............

When I lived in sunny Florida, gas was expensive enough, and non-ethanol gas was a buck higher and 20 miles away.
Since moving to south Mississippi 3 years ago, I can buy non-ethanol gas locally for less than the blended stuff back in Fla.

The blend is horrible on carburetors.
The ethanol absorbs water, and, if left in the carb to sit for extended periods, the fuel evaporates leaving the water to corrode susceptible parts.
Turns rubber parts and weed-eater fuel lines to mush.
I even had a can full that was so caustic that it ate the gas tank cap rubber gasket on my mower!
Mowers that wouldn't run due to ethanol gas having been left standing in their carb bowls were plentiful.
Outboard motor repair shops made a decent living off rebuilding ethanol fouled boat motor carbs.

And, if anybody wonders why the price of carb kits has gone sky high, it is because manufacturers have to use
gasket materials and o-rings that can tolerate the ethanol.........

Good old EPA
Your federal government...there to protect you from yourself in spite of yourself.... NOTE---NOT A POLITICAL STATEMENT !!

Mike88se

Threads
Well we live in Cajun Country and got dat Accent. LOL.........

I put it on here because this is one of most read site on the forum.

All mowers and small equipment has a a warning now. No E 85 gas or your warranty is void.

Cars and trucks are being made for that stuff. I don't use any of at all. I use pure gas in all my stuff and tell my customers to do the same.

If you think I got a accent go to facebook and look up my nephew Landun Primeaux. He does funnier than ***** videos. Every now and then he has a few go viral with over a million views.......
I'm in Houston. Native Texan. No starnger to coonasses... um Cajun folk. Or accents. Rock on
Wow..that'll sure wake y'all up an a Saturday morn............

When I lived in sunny Florida, gas was expensive enough, and non-ethanol gas was a buck higher and 20 miles away.
Since moving to south Mississippi 3 years ago, I can buy non-ethanol gas locally for less than the blended stuff back in Fla.

The blend is horrible on carburetors.
The ethanol absorbs water, and, if left in the carb to sit for extended periods, the fuel evaporates leaving the water to corrode susceptible parts.
Turns rubber parts and weed-eater fuel lines to mush.
I even had a can full that was so caustic that it ate the gas tank cap rubber gasket on my mower!
Mowers that wouldn't run due to ethanol gas having been left standing in their carb bowls were plentiful.
Outboard motor repair shops made a decent living off rebuilding ethanol fouled boat motor carbs.

And, if anybody wonders why the price of carb kits has gone sky high, it is because manufacturers have to use
gasket materials and o-rings that can tolerate the ethanol.........

Good old EPA
Your federal government...there to protect you from yourself in spite of yourself.... NOTE---NOT A POLITICAL STATEMENT !!
Don't be too quick to blame the EPA. There huge bucks in ethanol. You don't buy the EPA, you buy the congresscritters.
NOTE: also not a political statement. Oh hell who am I kidding. We have the best government that money can buy. I can't afford to buy any though
Bottom line... ethanol sucks no matter what your political flavor... but somebody paid good money to ensure it's in your gas because it's lucrative as hell. If they can get you to blame it on the EPA and/or liberals so much the better for them. If they keep you distracted less chance you'll notice their hand in your pockets

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have seen many articles/studies that ethanol production consumes more energy than it provides.

And, ethanol production diverts feed corn from cattle ranchers, driving up the cost of beef and any other
livestock which is normally corn fed.

I'm sure that somebody profits from ethanol production, but,gas mileage drops. so.......
Other than the lowered price of ethanol gasoline, the typical consumer may not see a cost benefit...

Mike88se

Threads
I have seen many articles/studies that ethanol production consumes more energy than it provides.

And, ethanol production diverts feed corn from cattle ranchers, driving up the cost of beef and any other
livestock which is normally corn fed.

I'm sure that somebody profits from ethanol production, but,gas mileage drops. so.......
Other than the lowered price of ethanol gasoline, the typical consumer may not see a cost benefit...

True but benefiting the consumer isn't and never was the real point of ethanol in the US. The point of ethanol is profit. That's why the big corporate corn farms pushed (and paid) congress for its use. And it's not helping the environment. Corn ethanol causes as much pollution as petroleum gasoline and like you mentioned production takes more energy so it even worse. Ethanol is usually distilled from corn and a lot of coal is used in the process. Ethanol doesn't have to be made from corn. It's easier and takes a lot less energy to make it from cane sugar. Cane sugar ethanol causes a lot less polution. But the US grows a lot more corn than sugar cane. Corn producers get subsidies and tax credits. Sugar cane producers face import tariffs. Corn producers have a lot of political clout. And I'm talking about the big agribusiness owned corn producers not family farmers. So yeah it's financial so it's also political. There are even better ways of making ethanol than corn or sugar.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
The real irony is that ethanol is considered a "renewable" source of energy, but it
requires non-renewable resources for it's production.
It does not provide as much "renewable" energy as the amount of energy from those non-renewable resources it's production consumes..........

Now, THAT'S BRILLIANT !

It does,however, provide an income stream for small engine mechanics... ;-)