A John Deere link (don't recall which thread) took me to a russian JD manual site - that looked like an authentic JD manual site !:~\

winmod21

Threads
  • / A John Deere link (don't recall which thread) took me to a russian JD manual site - that looked like an authentic JD manual site !:~\
. . hopefully there'll be no repercussions; ran virus & threat quick scan, result was "all clear w/no new threats found."
. . deleted all cookies & site data.

. . appears to be authentic: https://www.deeremanuals.com/shop/product/TM1756 . . but I didn't scroll-down far enough to see the russian email text at the email 'subscribe' -- in the lower right hand corner -- nor did I have any reason to click on 'Help'... which is all in russian !:~\

However =( ... when I tried to order the manual, after putting in my credit card info, the 'place order' window just stayed busy w/the circling icon. That's when I clicked on 'Help'...only to see a '404' error page all in russian !:`\
'. . but I was able to quickly backspace out all of my CC info.
. . then called the CC bank and canceled the card; they're sending a new one.

Anyone else ever run across any of these russian JD sites?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
  • / A John Deere link (don't recall which thread) took me to a russian JD manual site - that looked like an authentic JD manual site !:~\
IF this site didn't pissed me off when I first join I could tell you where to find that manual for $39; although, it might be a older manual.

But as for Russian sites they are to be left alone as most are ripoffs of your personal info and money.

winmod21

Threads
IF this site didn't pissed me off when I first join I could tell you where to find that manual for $39; although, it might be a older manual.

But as for Russian sites they are to be left alone as most are ripoffs of your personal info and money.
Our mower is 2003 GT225. Sorry to hear that you can't tell me. :rolleyes: :unsure:
Yeah, that's why I sashayed quick like outta there, back-spacing ferociously while cursing the russkies!
Then immediately called bank, cancelled card &c.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I know the feeling as I had CC hacked several times over the 35 years. Usually it was a vendor fault for not securing the data links. I had one that got hack and a key logging program was found on their system. It really put me a bind during my busy season having wait my CU to send a new cards. Usually my CU catches it about as quick as I do. It was strange one time that Day Spa charges went through but a 25 cent iTune charge locked down my CC.

It is one of the reasons I don't use Debit cards. With Debit cards you are responsible for the disputed charges until you prove you didn't make them. But with Credit cards they will provide with a provisional credit while they investigate the disputed charges. I could really get wiped out if I had a Debit card. And I do have customers that have lost everything in their back accounts because of Debit card use.

winmod21

Threads
~ I could tell you where to find that manual for $39; although, it might be a older manual. ~
I forgot to ask you "where to find that manual for $39" ? I wouldn't mind if it's an older one, as our GT225 is a 2003. Thanks.