A craftsman push mower with a Briggs and Stratton 450E problem

Chucktkd

Forum Newbie
I have had this mower for less than a year but can't find my receipt for the warranty or I'd take it back so I'll need some help fixing it.

I can prime the mower and it will start but cuts out immediately.

It did work properly for a few cuts this year and worked perfectly last year.

I barely use it and the oil is still the original oil and looks new and is full. I have changed the gas 3 times. When I remove the gas line from the carburetor the gas flows out freely. I haven't even had to sharpen the blade I've used it so little. The air filter is clean. I removed the gas cap and tried to start it and had the same result.

Please help.

Thank you.

Chuck
 
Are you using E-10 gasoline ? Did the original gas smell funky ?

Changing the gas is a good step, but that doesn't help inside the carb.

And the place you bought it should be able to pull up your purchase with them.
 
Yes I use e-10 but that's all that's available.

I will try some carb cleaner and will call Walmart as well.

I will work on it this weekend and get back to you.
Thanks...
 
Thanks, Buddy. It's working perfectly.

It's amazing that it caused this problem and I barely use it.

Thank you again!!!

Chuck
 
Back
Top