9hp Intek backfires out carb badly without choke

It didn't look like bad burn and I see Briggs stepped up on making the areas bigger on the vangaurds the inteks have only a skinny area between the cylinder and pushrod chamber.... That one you got has a lot of meat on it for sure....

Lap the valves and if it still does it then check the travel of the rockers carefully.... A lobe on the cam might be worn down bad enough to do what your mower is doing.....

I'll post a link in a bit to show you what i'm talking about.........
 
Also what carb do you have on your engine ??? I am guessing the Nikki Carb Depends on the age of the engine.... The code would tell me that. It's the last set of numbers, the first 2 numbers are the year.....

Those Nikki carbs are finicky......... I have done toooo many of them and the kits are pricey.....

Let us Know Mon Ami ~!~!
 
Back
Top