917.377591 mower engine hesitates/engine rev's cycles/oscillates up down

induray

Threads
  • / 917.377591 mower engine hesitates/engine rev's cycles/oscillates up down
I'm willing to bet that you did not get the tube tightly fitted down when you installed it. I don't like this design and it has happened to me more times than I like to admit.
The governor controls the top engine speed. Normally has nothing to do with surging, unless it is set too high.

Ok. Will do that.
Not too happy though...but I trust your experience over mine:smile:
Need a drink

induray

Threads
I'm willing to bet that you did not get the tube tightly fitted down when you installed it. I don't like this design and it has happened to me more times than I like to admit.
The governor controls the top engine speed. Normally has nothing to do with surging, unless it is set too high.

I just strted it and pushed against the governor ti prevent it from rotating. The mower was stable. I pushed against the spring tension. I wonder if the spring has lost its "springiness"?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I'm burned out on this, and I don't know what to tell you any more. Sorry.

lawngnome

Threads
I was told by a mower repair guy that normally when this surging happens most times the carb is shot.on your smaller carbs. No amount of cleaning or rebuilds can fix it.
But i just experinced a blown head gasket causing a surging problem. On a larger motor but same problem. My $.02

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Lawn gnome, get a new repair guy. This guy is going the easy way out and substituting parts. If I have cleaned or rebuilt one carb I have done a thousand. Only about 10% need to be replaced. This guy gives good honest mechanics a bad name.