Cusser

Threads
Nothing wrong if you find the other half of the mower blade, carefully weld it the found end on, file off most of the weld, sharpen it, and balance it. Or simply buy a new blade !!!!

I've never had that happen and I mow tumbleweeds, not a lawn.....

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That would require a lot work as the star has to be remade. Besides it is just easier to put on a couple $5 blades since they been on there on there over 10 years.

How it stay on there as long it did is something else for that heat treated blade.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
that must be one of those safety blades, if you get your foot under there, only a 50% chance of it getting cut off.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Look how this the blade is, all the way down. No wonder it broke. Definitely not an Oregon blade LOL.
Actually it was Sunbelt XHT blade but Oregon I replaced it with look same design wise except the Oregon are not heat treated. Now of course some think a blade to last their lifetime too. I think cutting 5 acres every week it would had worn a long time ago but it was only slightly worn.
that must be one of those safety blades, if you get your foot under there, only a 50% chance of it getting cut off.
I don't about that but sure was a weight loss version the way the mower shook. Even my neighbor in his house 500 ft away heard it with his bad hearing.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Actually it was Sunbelt XHT blade but Oregon I replaced it with look same design wise except the Oregon are not heat treated. Now of course some think a blade to last their lifetime too. I think cutting 5 acres every week it would had worn a long time ago but it was only slightly worn.

I don't about that but sure was a weight loss version the way the mower shook. Even my neighbor in his house 500 ft away heard it with his bad hearing.
Its like those old weight loss shaking machines