Repairs 917.270514 14.5HP 42" Deck Craftsman Riding mower

RayMel1

Threads
Accidently i ran over some twine while mowing. I propped the front of the mower up to remove the blade and the twine, but when i put it back down the mower does nothing. no click so sound, nothing. I checked the seat switch and made sure it was depressed, still nothing when i turn the key. Checked the battery, battery is fine. Crossed the solenoid and the engine turns over just fine. Just nothing when I use the key. Do i need a new solenoid? Someone said something about a fuse, but I have not been able to locate a fuse. any help is appreciated. thanks in advance! :)

cadetman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Accidently i ran over some twine while mowing. I propped the front of the mower up to remove the blade and the twine, but when i put it back down the mower does nothing. no click so sound, nothing. I checked the seat switch and made sure it was depressed, still nothing when i turn the key. Checked the battery, battery is fine. Crossed the solenoid and the engine turns over just fine. Just nothing when I use the key. Do i need a new solenoid? Someone said something about a fuse, but I have not been able to locate a fuse. any help is appreciated. thanks in advance! :)

Is the deck enguaged or is the brake pushed in?

Mikel1

Threads
I would check the fuse first. Mechanic mark's link should help you out.

RayMel1

Threads
thanks for the help! it was indeed the fuse. However, NOW I have Another problem...ugh......if i start the mower it starts fine, but if i put it in gear to drive or if i engage the blades, the tractor dies.....ugh

any help here?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Look at the switch under the seat.

RayMel1

Threads
yup, the switch under the seat is what the problem was. I was under the impression that the mower wouldnt start at all if it wasnt depressed. thanks for the help!