Has anybody tried 8Ten mower deck spindles? Are they any good? price is around one third the price of sten spindles. I need to replace two of the three mower deck spindles on my 2016 Dixie Chopper Classic.
I have used them on JD, And Cub cadet, and I am currently waiting on a set for a Troybilt that is suppose to arrive tomorrow. So far I have had good luck with them.
I have used them for years without issue, but I also disassemble them and pack additional high temp bearing grease in the bearings because they often do not come much grease in them when new.
Unfortunately, even the OE spindles come this way, and I think it is so they can just sell more in the future.
Don't be fooled by a grease fitting that only fills up the housing, but barely any grease gets to the bearings where it is needed the most.