8270 won't start when hot

fdsinozich

Threads
rebuilt carb, starts when cold but after running just fine it requires many pulls to restart.
Any ideas?
Thanks

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Remove spark plug boot for safety, remove blower housing, top cover over flywheel, and clean everything by hand, no water or any liquids, use nylon bristle brush, smaller than toothbrush, can pick up anywhere, clean out debris & use shop vac etc. to pick up. Adjust valves per manual specs.

Phototone

Threads
Unless this is a 4-stroke (doubtful) there are no valves to adjust, unless you mean the reed valve on the intake, which really does not have any provision for adjustment, it is either good, or bad, and if it starts when cold then the reeds are good. More likely you have bad crankcase seals (if 2-stroke). Cheap and fairly easy replacement.

fdsinozich

Threads
I had put an older carb on the mower to try to correct the problem. After many tries, I put a kit in the original carb and it seems to be fine now. I don't know enough to understand what happened, but I am happy now.
Thanks for all the responses.

AnthemBassMan

Threads
Could also be the dreaded Lawn Boy coil issue too. Usually a sign of it going bad is hard or no starts when the mower is hot...

L8R,
Matt

fdsinozich

Threads
New twist!! After mowing and sitting awhile, noticed gas coming from the carb. I put new needle and seat plus adj the float. Good thing I like a challenge.

fdsinozich

Threads
Replaced the coil pack, readjusted carb. Runs perfectly but still will not start after it sits a few minutes. I am stumped!!!

lewb

Threads
does it spit fuel, see if bowl is wet, might have float out of adjustment, Worn out reeds? just thowing some ideas out there.

LB8210

Threads
Turn adjusting screw out (counter clockwise ) 1/2 turn. It is set too lean causing a hot restart problem. Lawn Boy had a service bulletin covering this condition on these models.

fdsinozich

Threads
I turned 2 full turns from seat to start. I have turned more, but I don't know how much. What would you suggest?
Thanks so much.