Export thread

725D issue with wheel

C

creeker

I just noticed that one of the back wheels is hitting the metal frame.
Does anyone know what part I should replace, or whether I need a whole new wheel?

I attached two pictures of that back wheel I just made.

Attachments

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Looks like the bushings in that wheel are toast.
need new bushings, or a new wheel if it wore into the rim it's self

Clean it off thoroughly & see how much is damaged & if the rim is involved in the damage.

Rickw

Rickw

Looks to me that the Yoke is bent?

Looks to me that the Yoke is bent?

Yes it sure does. Is the other side different ?

C

creeker

I haven't had a chance to really take a look at it, besides thoroughly cleaning it. I'm probably soon going to take that wheel off and check whether the yoke it bent.

I've to admit that a week before I noticed this I accidentally got pretty stuck in mud on the side of a dry creek and tried to get out by driving into the creek and got very stuck in gravel.
I had to pull the mower out with a chain that I attached on the back on the mower, so I could have bent somethings while doing that.

Does anyone know what's the best place to order parts for a grasshopper mower? So far the best I could think of is calling the dealer once I know whether I need a new bushing, a new wheel and/or a yoke.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

compare prices @ partstree.com

Rickw

Rickw

Go tyo your local dealer. They usually have some parts machines out back. That is not a part that wears out

C

creeker

It's definitely the bearing that went bad. I just took the wheel off and am about to order two new bearings.
The yoke isn't bent, and exactly the same as the other side.

One thing I don't understand is why 2 metal rings (only 1 is in the picture) fell out when I took the wheel apart. I made a picture of it. Even in the 725D manual, I don't see any in the parts list.
IMG_20200115_113714.jpg

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

That's either part of the bearing, or it looks like a snap ring or retaining ring of some sort.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

At the very least you will need 2 DP bearing assembly part #120048. Grasshoppers use an odd bearing. Clean all the grease off. Check the wheel hub and thru bolt for wear. Most likely it just needs new bearings. You need the center spacer and the thru bolt and nut. The rest is from the bearings.

AVB

AVB

They are part of the wheel bearings. See image below
120048.png