721D runs after key is off just replaced ignition switch

Aanchordan

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / 721D runs after key is off just replaced ignition switch
What could be causing my 721D to keep running once turned on, if Iturn the key off it still runs. I went and got a new ignition switch today and went to turn it off and its still runs. I pulled the fuel line off to stop the engine. HELP!!!
Oh its a 1995
Thanks

bcoop

Forum Newbie
Threads
What could be causing my 721D to keep running once turned on, if Iturn the key off it still runs. I went and got a new ignition switch today and went to turn it off and its still runs. I pulled the fuel line off to stop the engine. HELP!!!
Oh its a 1995
Thanks

Sounds like the kill wire that goes to the coil and through the switch is disconnected somewhere.

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
I concurr about the kill wire.:thumbsup:

GHdiesel6

Threads
I have a 721d as well and it had the same issue. To kill the motor I had to pull the linkage arm the shut off the fuel..I went to a local Kubota store and bought a new return spring and adjusted the linkage arm for the fuel solenoid. now when you shut the key off and throttle down the motor shuts off..still haven't fixed the true problem but it works. I've spoke with GH about this and have not pin pointed the true problem yet...

Raege

Forum Newbie
Threads
Oh its a 1995
Thanks

Yes hello, we had this same problem in our business this last year. We run two GH 325D mowers. The shut off solenoid was bad and that our machine had about 1400 hours on it. I hope you've resolved your issue.