7 Acres...Which mower?..Cub or Deere?

Big box versus a dealer. Not exactly the same thing, but I bought my new walk behind mower from a dealer. I have a high degree of mechanical ability and usually assemble things myself, but this was a treat. The dealer took my old mower in trade, for nearly 3 times what I thought, and loaded a fully assembled mower freshly filled with oil and gas into my truck. I started it in the lot, in front of my knowledgable salesman, to make sure it worked and I was doing it right. No disposing of my old mower, no assembling, no disposing of the box and packing materials, a knowledgable person showing me the controls; try getting any or all of that at the big box. A tractor/mower has more parts ...
 
It's a shame you're not closer to Western Ky as a Cub dealer not 20 miles from me has leftover 2011 model 23hp with a 54" deck for $3995. The dealer didn't list the model number, but he said it is a shaft drive model with only 14 hours on it, and the MSRP on it is $7000.
 
It's a shame you're not closer to Western Ky as a Cub dealer not 20 miles from me has leftover 2011 model 23hp with a 54" deck for $3995. The dealer didn't list the model number, but he said it is a shaft drive model with only 14 hours on it, and the MSRP on it is $7000.
7K
Really?
Ummm 7 thousand U.S. will get you a lot of tractor.
MSRP is only there to make the actual price look cheap. Nobody pays MSRP.... ever!
 
I found that my cub 382 with a 32 inch deck works great onthe 2.5 acres i have out front. it may be old but i havent got stuck on the mole hills i have out there. I tried my JD 116 out there and it continueously got hung up on those pesky mole hills.
 
I'd advise getting the largest, heaviest built machine that you can afford. You'll be spending a LOT of time on it mowing that much area, and you don't need to have it break down in the height of growing season. If you've got a JD dealer nearby, go with them; if you've got a CC dealer nearby, go with them, but by all means stay clear of the box store variants from both manufacturers.
 
7K
Really?
Ummm 7 thousand U.S. will get you a lot of tractor.
MSRP is only there to make the actual price look cheap. Nobody pays MSRP.... ever!

I agree, MSRP means nothing. And, $7k will get you a lot of mower. The dealer had a picture of the tractor in the ad, but I couldn't make out the model number....you would think he would have listed that!! I'm not up on my Cub models, but in the picture I could tell the rear wheels used either 5 or 6 lugs/studs and the deck appeared to have a solid rear roller that went all the way across.
 
I just went to CC website. It looks like the dealer was advertising a GTX2100 with the fabricated 54" deck. The site listed the MSRP of the tractor alone at $4,400. After doing the math, I'm starting to throw the BS flag on that dealer. If the MSRP of that tractor and deck IS $7,000, that means the deck must list for $2,600!!!
 
Back
Top