6.75 Briggs not starting...Easily

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
No the backing plate does have the horseshoe channel. All I had to do was take the plug out and put in the bulb. When I push the primer a squirt of gas does shoot up the main jet.

Could the compression release system be screwed up?

No nothing to do with compression release.

Is it pushing up enough fuel when priming?

The back plate was common for warping and air would escape as the gasket was not completely sealed.
Add another gasket.

Sometimes you can get what looks like fuel coming up the emulsion tube but all its doing is going back down when you let go of the primer.

Pet982

Threads
I believe enough gas comes up and yes I did have to double up the gasket to get a good seal there.

Another part. If I get it going with pouring gas into the carb and let it run for 5 min or so and shut it off, it will not start again without putting gas into it. I am at a loss.

could somehow it jumped valve timing? but when I did a leak down test if I held the blade in the front to back position(TDC) it would seal the cyl. slightly before tdc air out the exhaust (compression release). and after it was sealed too.

I'm at a loss Original auto choke carb had a 48hr chem dip soak and it does the same thing too. did not throw a needle and seat at it though.