6.5hp Toro Oil Leak

Everyone is going to think I’m nuts, but I don’t see an oil leak. I see an engine which needs a good cleaning. Most of what I see is grass and dirt. I see nothing shiny indicating oil. I would give that unit a good bath, dry it with air, assemble, run for 30 minutes, remove the shroud and look for oil on a clean not dirty surface.
 
Not really.
If the top of the engine has puddles of oil on it these will make their way down the to the bottom of the engine when not in use.
You would be right if the engine was fully degreased and you inspected the engine as soon as it stops.

I have seen motors with the leak at the sump resulting in sucking in air and blowing it out every where else because there is more air inside than normal if the seal was working.
Maybe, maybe not this time.

Just saying.
 
Back
Top