550E Carb Assembly Order

kidzbank

Forum Newbie
Threads
My BS manual for the 550E engine shows three parts when installing the carburetor on page 14, diagram 125 carb assy.
part #
623 - spacer
724 - retainer
617 - seal
The new carb came with the retainer and seal already installed in the carb. Another orange seal was included along with the carb.
When I disassembled my original carb there was only the plastic retainer and the black o-ring.

Should I take a hint and install the supplied orange o-ring onto the engine head spacer assembly followed by the carb with the retainer and seal already installed?

Attachments

• Engine parts.pdf
    532.1 KB · Views: 11

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Look on the intake manifold tube, is there an O-ring seal still on the tube? If the orange seal is the same size as the tube, you can replace the one that is on there now or just install the orange O-ring. Same on the early models of this engine did not use a seal.

kidzbank

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks.

The o-ring seal and plastic retaining ring were pre-installed in the engine side of the carb. I couldn't find a seating surface for that extra orange o-ring so I left if out when I installed the new carb. Started right up when I got done.