52 inch V-Ride keeps stalling

degutemax

Threads
Hey guys, need some help if anyone out there can. I have a V-ride 52inch model SVR with a FX730V. Yes it is a older one but this thing still stripes and cuts good. when running. It starts find no problems, but after running for maybe 5 mins cutting it starts to spit and sputter and dies. Fuel filter does have fuel in it after checking. It will start after cranking for about 45 seconds and with the choke on. I have replaced the fuel pump with a OEM part. have replaced the fuel shut off solenoid, and I have replaced the float and needle. The float and needle is the last thing I replaced. After replacing the float and needle it ran great and cut half of 5 acres with it. Few days later it starts stalling again. So what am I missing here? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.:frown:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Old mower then better than average chance the fuel tank outlet is plugged by semi-floating debris
Remove the fuel cap, blow backwards up the fuel line .
If the problem goes away for a short while, time to clean out the tank, oh the fun.

degutemax

Threads
I will give that a try, maybe tomorrow evening. I will keep update on status. Thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And if you have the 2 tank version, the tank switch is another clog position.
I have a fuel tank from a Tecumseh push mower that I rig up in these situations .
It gets moved back from the carb inlet to the pump inlet in order to isolate where the blockage is.

DADZ34

Forum Newbie
Threads
OP, did you ever determine the culprit? Im having similar issues on my Kubota z724x with the Kawasaki 730v. This mower has less than 45 hours on it and stalls, backfires, etc after a 2-min warm up. Was working fine with no issues until this started. I've flushed the tank, no sign of debri, air filter is clean, replaced the fuel filter & spark plugs, and checked & cleaned the carb. Runs fine for 2 mins and then begins it's trouble.