5+ acres advice new zero turn

country trash

Forum Newbie
Threads
Howdy,
Been looking around for a new zero turn. Been to all the the dealers around me. I've looked at Hustler, JD, Bad Boy, and am considering driving out to gravely this weekend. I have 5 acres now that is cleared but I am on 10 acres total. I am considering one day clearing out a little more than the 5 that's cleared now.
My dilemma and thoughts right now are: for every model I've looked at they all seem to have their pro's and cons
The bad boy maverick with Kawasaki seems great but the seating position for a big guy like myself felt award.
The Hustler Raptor XD with the Kawasaki felt better but I don't know much about Hustler as far as long term use
The John Deere Z730m with Kawasaki, that one had another weird seating position for me. And I don't know if the price was worth it
The next one I want to take a look at is the Gravely ZT HD with the Kawasaki. As soon as I hear they have one I am going to take a ride out to the dealer.
I don't see many landscape crews around here use anything but the Hustler or JD.
Are these good choices for a mower that will last a long time on say around 6 acres? Should I be considering anything else?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Kubota ZTR'S, tough, durable, diesel or gas & great service. Kubota tractors are worth looking at also.

Last edited:

RayMcD

Threads
Man, unless you got some very easy riding, get a tractor.. I'd hate to know I had 5 acres to bounce over on a ZTR. Cheers, Ray

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Gravely Pro Turn 160
Bad Boy Maverick HD 60
Gravely Pro Turn ZX 60
Hustler Fastrak 60