$ 5.00 a gallon GASOLINE???

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Are we really going to do this .....again! ?
Just heard on the news that that is what is in the cards for us in the states...

Just curious what is your fuel price now?
regular is $2.89
diesel is $3.15
It was also mentioned that this is the highest it has ever been for this time of year... :frown:KennyV

PS. How about it in the other countries? are we unusually high, low or about the same as it is in your area???

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just heard on the news that that is what is in the cards for us in the states...

regular is $2.89
diesel is $3.15
It was also mentioned that this is the highest it has ever been for this time of year... :frown:KennyV

PS. How about it in the other countries? are we unusually high, low or about the same as it is in your area???

Regular is $2.99, diesel is $3.29...I really don't care if gas is $5 a gallon as long as diesel stays under $3.50 a gallon, I am retired and only drive 1500 miles a year, but put 120 hours a year on my JD diesel.

jenkinsph

Threads
For my situation higher fuel prices are a good thing, I can understand how the general public feels though. I live in a small resort town with horse racetrack, winter skiing and surrounding Nat'l forests, we depend on an influx of outside visitors from nearby oilfield communities. When these visitors are making money they spend alot of it in our community. I can easily add the cost for increased fuel if I have plenty of work. For this reason $80 to $100 a barrel oil works for me. If it gets too high this can backfire as most of the people in the oil business know. One of my customers with 20 drilling rigs and several other related businesses was concerned when we were at the peak prices a year or so ago. He felt the prices were too high and not sustainable, not good business.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

regular is $2.89
diesel is $3.15

Here in Central Florida our regular is $2.99 to $3.03, Mid Grade $3.09 to $3.29 and Diesel is $3.19 to $3.39 and it's the highest I've seen it in a long time. :frown: In Fairness when the Northerners go back home our gas prices tend to drop some what.

173abn

Threads
I used to have to fill up once or twice a week ,now that I'm retired maybe once a month.I don't like the idea of prices going up because of speculaters driving up the cost of energy.I wish they would take them out of the equation but with every thing else now days Greed rules. russ

Hershey

Threads
It is amazing. I heard that story on the news yesterday and just shook my head. Here's the thing, people. Everyone thought $3 was a deal after $4 2 years ago so they started driving again. The only way to bring down the price is to get serious and stop the driving madness. It's 3.15 for regular here and higher for everything else.

AndyMan

Threads
Regular here is $3.29 per gallon. $3.39 for mid-grade, $3.49 for the good stuff. Not sure about diesel.

It was $2.99 in early November, then crept above the $3 mark just before Thanksgiving. It won't go down any time soon. Welcome to New York.