425 mower deck

Ok got the lawn tractor out of the shed and pulled it to my garage which has a lot more room. I know I don't have a manual YET but I will be getting one. Mower deck is 54" and on the ground due to not running and hyd have moved south until it is running. Pulled the rear pins to the deck loosened and removed the front holder. Now the driveshaft? It will not slip out and pull forward it just stops so far like it is hitting something nd I cannot see what it would be. Unless the driveshaft has a bolt or a collar or something holding it. Jacked up the rear end and still can't see much. Where to go now. You guys have been helping me a lot so I hope I hear from someone.

Thanks
 
Ok got the lawn tractor out of the shed and pulled it to my garage which has a lot more room. I know I don't have a manual YET but I will be getting one. Mower deck is 54" and on the ground due to not running and hyd have moved south until it is running. Pulled the rear pins to the deck loosened and removed the front holder. Now the driveshaft? It will not slip out and pull forward it just stops so far like it is hitting something nd I cannot see what it would be. Unless the driveshaft has a bolt or a collar or something holding it. Jacked up the rear end and still can't see much. Where to go now. You guys have been helping me a lot so I hope I hear from someone.

Thanks

I jack the front of my mower up...I have an old bumper jack. Then I clear my tires easily with the deck. You can see better too.
 
Ok guys got the driveshaft unhooked from the mower deck now I can begin trying to figure out what is wrong with this engine? Where to get an owner's manual and a tech book to help me diagnose the problem or problems with this mower. There was a kind of sleeve on the driveshaft I just slid it back towards the deck and the driveshaft fell out. I want to thank everyone for there help and also for some future help as well. I am going to need all I can get with this thing.
 
Back
Top