42" Dixon ZTR mower

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Saw and ad in the paper today for a Dixon mower.
Man is out of town but, said I could look at it tomorrow.
I asked why he is selling and he said they converted yard to xeroscape and have very little grass.

He said everything works...I don't know hours, condition etc.

he said it has a B&S 15.5 HP

What prices would be good. Any comments or help about what to look at when I go see it.

I have never owned/driven a ZTR mower.
I would certainly have to sell a couple of mowers if I bought this. haha

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Saw and ad in the paper today for a Dixon mower.
Man is out of town but, said I could look at it tomorrow.
I asked why he is selling and he said they converted yard to xeroscape and have very little grass.

He said everything works...I don't know hours, condition etc.

he said it has a B&S 15.5 HP

What prices would be good. Any comments or help about what to look at when I go see it.

I have never owned/driven a ZTR mower.
I would certainly have to sell a couple of mowers if I bought this. haha

Can't answer your ? about price without you first answering a few ?s. What year is the mower? Is it the speed ztr, or the speed ztr se? Since it has the briggs engine I would guess it's the speed ztr, but I'm not sure. What is the condition of the mower? How many hours are on it? If it is the speed ztr then it is on the low end of their product line. The mower you are looking at should be nearly identical to a 42" husqvarna rz that is sold at a big box store. The only real difference is paint color. You can price a new husqvarna. That way you will know what you can get one for new.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Can't answer your ? about price without you first answering a few ?s. What year is the mower? Is it the speed ztr, or the speed ztr se? Since it has the briggs engine I would guess it's the speed ztr, but I'm not sure. What is the condition of the mower? How many hours are on it? If it is the speed ztr then it is on the low end of their product line. The mower you are looking at should be nearly identical to a 42" husqvarna rz that is sold at a big box store. The only real difference is paint color. You can price a new husqvarna. That way you will know what you can get one for new.

I went to look at this mower
It is a ZTR 4545B
and has a 15.5 B&S Vanguard engine.
No hour meter
It has a plastic body, not frame of course.
the ign. sw had a problem and the kill switch has been wired to a toggle switch.
It started up very well. 1st PTO engage...almost stalled engine. but after a little warm up it seemed to engage fine.
It looks as if it is about a 1998 model.
He is second owner, he used it on a med size residential lot. He has replaced one spindle.

What is a good price? All opinions welcome, Thanks

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
I went to look at this mower
It is a ZTR 4545B
and has a 15.5 B&S Vanguard engine.
No hour meter
It has a plastic body, not frame of course.
the ign. sw had a problem and the kill switch has been wired to a toggle switch.
It started up very well. 1st PTO engage...almost stalled engine. but after a little warm up it seemed to engage fine.
It looks as if it is about a 1998 model.
He is second owner, he used it on a med size residential lot. He has replaced one spindle.

What is a good price? All opinions welcome, Thanks

I'm sorry, but I can't help on a mower that old. I can't even find a reference to one online to look at the specs. I don't believe it is a commercial model seeing as how there is no hour meter. Personally I would be affraid to spend too much on a 17 year old mower with no way of knowing how many hours are on the machine, or engine. I am familiar with their newer mowers. I hope someone else can offer some insight to that particular model. What is the owner asking for it? Can you post some pictures?