38" Mower deck White L12

galleyjef

Forum Newbie
Threads
Everywhere I have looked, I see that this deck is not available. Wondering if there is a source I have not found?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In 1981 MTD bought White along with a stack of other brands like Cub Cadet
Some time in the late 90's early 2000's they adopted the Cub quick connect deck lift across the entire product range and stopped making your deck
IT is NLA because MTD stopped making them , thank heavens
In fact I could not find an F (38") deck listed on any MTD mower after 1998 so I would guess they abandoned the F deck when they standardised on the Cub deck .
You might find some NOS ones under other MTD brandnames , Troybilt , Yard Machines, Bolens, etc etc etc
They will all have the letter F in the 8th position in the model number

galleyjef

Forum Newbie
Threads
Your response is so much appreciated, thank you! I guess I could do searches for 38” decks under those other brand names, and look for the ‘F’ in 8th position. Worth a try!

galleyjef

Forum Newbie
Threads
Your response is so much appreciated, thank you! I guess I could do searches for 38” decks under those other brand names, and look for the ‘F’ in 8th position. Worth a try!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The early decks have 4 mounting lugs on the deck and the entire deck moves to tighten the belt to drive the blades
The latter Cub decks have 2 mounting pins on the deck with a front drag link and a tension arm on the deck that moves to drive the blades.
The early model is being phased out as it is a lot more expensive to make and difficult to instal .

galleyjef

Forum Newbie
Threads
Understood, thank you so much for your response!