3/4 acre new mower ZT , what Brand to go with?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Toro will still mulch better than the Cubs when the mulching kit is added. Plus Toro construction is better, which is why they have a three year warranty without hour limitation. If you are comparing apples to apples you have to use the Toro model SS4250. I was just giving the poster another option. Remember one of us sells Toro and the other Cub Cadet. Your are going to have to compare them on your own, and not take our word that one is the better unit. Also, compare the dealer you are using. They will be the one you will be talking to and relying on, after you make your purchase.

Parkmower

Threads
I do not sell either mowers and looked at both the rtz 42 and toro 4235 when I was in the market for a mower. I prob would have bought the Toro if the dealer was closer. I have used toro commercial mowers for over a decade and lbelieve they are quality mowers.

The cub dealers is 5 mins away and was good to work with. What also help sell me was the cubs cone with more of the features standard. Just little things like the hour meter, anti vibe floor mat, and high back seat. I would have had to get the toro 4260 which is $500 more to get those.
This is my first cub and so far it's been great.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Toro will still mulch better than the Cubs when the mulching kit is added. Plus Toro construction is better, which is why they have a three year warranty without hour limitation. If you are comparing apples to apples you have to use the Toro model SS4250. I was just giving the poster another option. Remember one of us sells Toro and the other Cub Cadet. Your are going to have to compare them on your own, and not take our word that one is the better unit. Also, compare the dealer you are using. They will be the one you will be talking to and relying on, after you make your purchase.

I disagree the mowers mentioned are not a better mower than the Cub Cadets he was asking about and the spec's speak for themselves. As far as the warranty the Cub Cadet offers the 3 year warranty and lets get real about the hour limitation? 99% of the people who are going to buy these mowers will never see 180 hours in three years when you consider the mower is only going to used maybe 9 months a year for 3 or 4 hours a month, maybe.
I really don't care if you sell the mowers or not, makes no difference to me, it sounds like you may be trying to promote your business. The dealer I use also sells toro and another brand and I have compared the units you suggested and I was not impressed. The CC which was being asked about is a far better made mower all the way around than the toro time cutters.

Last edited: