260 carb parts needed

gpeade

Member
First off Hello to everyone. Hope you guys can be as helpful with this issue as other forums have been to other issues. I have an old JD 260 lawn tractor. Last week the throttle shaft broke on the carb. Shaft broke and I can see the butterfly laying in the intake. Thank goodness it didn't go any farther. My problem is that while JD used to make a nice little repair part kit with all the parts I needed they no longer sell it. According to two different dealers the only way to get the parts I need is to order the entire carb which is 219.00. My question to you here is if there are any aftermarket parts places that I may be able to get either the replacment parts I need or pick up a used carb or even a new carb thats not $200.

Thanks
 
Just wondering what type of engine you're working on? I don't think you'd have to go
to the John Deere dealer to get a carburetor item. You could probably order it on line as well.
I was working on an 11 HP Briggs & Stratton engine on a riding mower and it wouldn't start. One of the problems was the choke plate came off the shaft and was sticking partly shut. This engine had that new plastic carburetor where the float and all is down IN the float bowl with a pickup tube going up into the carburetor. NOT held on by screws mind you, but with a wire clasp! The trouble was the metering valve (also PLASTIC) was stopped up with a tiny piece of plastic starving the engine for fuel. I HATE plastic carburetors!! At any rate, ask around any mower shop and they should sell a throffle shaft.
 
Back
Top