25 hp kohler rough running

johnwayne377

Forum Newbie
Threads
My 25 hp command kohler has set through the summer because no rain means no mowing! I always winterize it and havent had one bit of trouble with it, but i parked it in may and just now got it back out. I had trouble gettin it started but finally stopped and drained the gas and cleaned the plugs. It would the finally crank but just barely run. After four times of dissasembling the carburator and cleaning it runs so so but only with full choke. Sometimes it runs perfect then rough and i can remove left spark wire and no change, so i am thinking i have spark trouble. Any help will be appreciated

Threads
Try removing a plug and squiriting some gas in the hole. Replace the plug and fire it up. If it runs briefly, you still have a carb problem. Perhaps you miss cleaning out a hole or maybe the holes in the float bowl nut if there are any there. Will be watching to see how you make out.

Richard

Briggs92

Threads
That cylinder isn't firing. You have no spark on that side. Remove the engine cowling so the ignition coils are exposed. Disconnect the ground wire from that cylinders coil, this bypasses the kill switch. Now check for spark. If there's no spark, replace the coil. If there is, then you have a short in you ground wire somewhere. Also make sure the gapping between the coil and flywheel magnets are correct. It should be .010. If you never messed with them then I'm sure it's fine!

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
check the spark to eliminate that possibility.....but those v-twin carbs have issues with uneven fuel distribution