Engine 2135 Posible electronic clutch problem

terryp61755

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is there any way to adjust the electronic clutch? When I engage it , it bogs my engine and system down. I am hoping that it can be repaired as apposed to being replaced. Replacement cost is way pricey

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Is the clutch the problem or is it what the clutch is driving?
If engaging the clutch loads the engine, it sounds like the clutch is doing it's job... Remove the belt and see if you have a bad pulley or rearing down stream of the clutch... :smile:KennyV

terryp61755

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is the clutch the problem or is it what the clutch is driving?
If engaging the clutch loads the engine, it sounds like the clutch is doing it's job... Remove the belt and see if you have a bad pulley or rearing down stream of the clutch... :smile:KennyV

I removed the belt and tested. When I engage the clutch its pully turn. When I turn it off it keep turning a short time and usually squeals. I can spin the deck belt and pully by hand, and also the two front feed pullies. Should I be able to turn the pully on the clutch manually when not ingaged? Thanks for all your help

Last edited:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes it should turn... may have a slight drag, but not much... The clutch disc may be delaminated OR you might have something jammed into it...
Also check the bearing in the clutch, it could be failing... :smile:KennyV

Kenwurth

Forum Newbie
Threads
Had similar problem with electric clutch on Honda ... turned out to be the "blade brake" engaging at the same time as the electric clutch engaged. Or else everything was fine and one would be happily mowing away and then things would come to a shuddering halt, as it turned out this was when all of a sudden the "blade brake" engaged itself ... engaging the electric clutch should disengage the "blade brake" as the electromagnet lifts the brake disc clear of the 'caliper' (best way to describe that part). When the electric clutch is disengaged the electromagnet 'dies' and the blade brake disc drops onto the 'caliper' thereby stopping the still rotating blade(s) ... could be worth investigating I think. Cheerz Kenwurth:thumbsup: