20684 New Brake Issue(s)

SoShoresGuy

Forum Newbie
Threads
The old BBK brake pad wore out. I ordered a new brake arm with a new brake pad attached. I am trying to install the new arm but it is too tight against the brake drum and no seemingly room for the arm movement. Any idea of what I am doing wrong? Am I setting the arm's lower tension spring incorrectly? This mower has been great until I got a chatter from the worn brake pad and also the ethanol beast that ate the fuel line. I have a rebuild kit for the carb, but the new brake arm is confusing to me.

Thanks in advance,
Mark
Maybe some photos might help.

Last edited:

SoShoresGuy

Forum Newbie
Threads
The old BBK brake pad wore out. I ordered a new brake arm with a new brake pad attached. I am trying to install the new arm but it is too tight against the brake drum and no seemingly room for the arm movement. Any idea of what I am doing wrong? Am I setting the arm's lower tension spring incorrectly? This mower has been great until I got a chatter from the worn brake pad and also the ethanol beast that ate the fuel line. I have a rebuild kit for the carb, but the new brake arm is confusing to me.

Thanks in advance,
Mark
Maybe some photos might help.
Oh, the belt from the drum to the brake pulley is extremely tight. That is why I have no arm movement. I can try to adjust the belt behind the drum again, although I think there is some physical differences between the new brake arm and the original one.

SoShoresGuy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Oh, the belt from the drum to the brake pulley is extremely tight. That is why I have no arm movement. I can try to adjust the belt behind the drum again, although I think there is some physical differences between the new brake arm and the original one.
When I tried to install the drum (improperly) I distorted the drum somewhat so that it has two high places that causes the belt to over tighten in both places. I'll remove the drum and try to straighten it properly.

SoShoresGuy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I distorted the drum badly, stoopid me. I ordered a new one.