2044 gas pickup problem

kaspr

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've had this mower a few years and last year my mower started only drawing the top 2 inches of gas out of the right tank and all of it out of the left. Now this year it will only draw the first 2 inches out of either one.
I've checked the fuel lines for holes or cracks and made sure the lines were all the way to the bottom of the tanks. Replaced the filter. I even loosened the gas caps thinking there might be a vacuum.
The mower is an XT 2044 XL W/ Kohler 20.
Thanks in advance

Captainbigwood

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've had this mower a few years and last year my mower started only drawing the top 2 inches of gas out of the right tank and all of it out of the left. Now this year it will only draw the first 2 inches out of either one.
I've checked the fuel lines for holes or cracks and made sure the lines were all the way to the bottom of the tanks. Replaced the filter. I even loosened the gas caps thinking there might be a vacuum.
The mower is an XT 2044 XL W/ Kohler 20.
Thanks in advance

My fuel lines were eaten up by the ethanol in the fuel, replaced with new ones at $20 each. New material is more resistant to ethanol.

kaspr

Forum Newbie
Threads
My fuel lines were eaten up by the ethanol in the fuel, replaced with new ones at $20 each. New material is more resistant to ethanol.

Thanks for the reply and sorry about the delay.
Are you talking about the lines in the tanks or the lines outside of the tanks? I looked at a couple of online stores and they don't show the lines inside of the tank as being available.

kaspr

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you for the help

I want to thank Captainbigwood for his advice.
As previously posted my 2044 had a gas pickup problem and the advice I was given was dead on. I finally got a Saturday off so I went to the closest arens/gravely dealer (2 town over and 30 miles away) and picked up the gas lines.
Thanks again.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
I have moved your post into the original thread to make things cleaner and avoid confusion.