2022 XT1 Batteries DEAD

john.albertini

Forum Newbie
Threads
2022 XT1 is draining batteries ,TWO, in less than a year? Should there be a generator to charge the battery while running or could a phantom draw be draining it. I've owned previous tractors that had batteries last many years. The dealer would charge me $75 just to pick it up to check (same again to return it if they will claim nothing wrong) even though it is under the three year warranty!!!

Any suggestions for things I can try?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Simple test to check the charging system. Take a volt meter and connect it to the battery and note the voltage. And then start the mower and run at full throttle and recheck the voltage. It should start climbing and top off around 13.2-14 volts. If you are getting running voltage in the 13 volt range then the charging system is working. Quick and dirty test to check for draw is to unconnect the battery and see if it maintains charge. And then next time leave the battery connected and see if it drains down. If it drains down to not starting in a few days then there is a parasitic draw.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
While you are at the battery also check for AC voltage at the terminals while the engine is running
A reading up to 15V is fine 24V or better shows the rectifier is not working and allowing AC to the battery which will kill it in no time flat .