2022 Simplicity Regent or Broadmoor

J316

Forum Newbie
Threads
Several areas.

First is the tires are too small, makes the chassis too close to the ground. This make it impossible to get the mowing deck off the ground completely. When going from driveway to grass, it gouges.

Also I part my tractor in a shed and use 2x8's as a ramp. This makes it d.r.a.g. up the ramp onto the shed floor.

Hated Simplicity for designing this pice of shit. Took it back to the selling dealer and he couldn't figure anything out. So he called Simplicity engineering. I was in the office when he called. They had no answer other that that's the way its supposed to be.

Hated the way the deck adjusted the cutting height. I literally had to get off the tractor to gain enough strength to crank the damn thing up.

Several other complaints with the Regent that I don't remember now.

The Broadmoor has bigger tire with more ground clearance and an electrical deck height motor. Deck comes completely off the ground, barely, but it doesn't drag going from driveway to grass and putting it in the shed. Nice to adjust grass height by pushing a button. Better seat and better ride too. "Feels" heavier, smoother.

I feel the Broadmoor was worth the difference in price. (How much value is constant aggravation worth)?
I'm a relic from the past and that stubby Deck Lever on my Broadmoor has got to go. I'm 'in the process' of getting it extended by a local weld shop. This wouldn't be necessary if I had sense enough to mess with the lever at the dealer....BEFORE buying!🥸

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
J, you need to know this thread is 18 months old

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
J, you need to know this thread is 18 months old?