2020 Fuel additive experiment

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Anyone been following Taryl's fuel additive experiment?
First additive to go was K-100

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am following it. Haven't heard of some of the products. I have and use about 15 pieces of equipment. I don't use any fuel stabilizer. I run everything dry at the end of the season. I gas them up in the spring and good to go. The only E free station near me changed the pump to E15 (turds) so everything runs on E10.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Wish i knew who exactly to contact to voice my opinion on ethanol in the fuel.
Some of the dirty ones probably get kickbacks from the corn farmers to put that in the gasoline.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey man, don't go hating on ethanol gas. I love the stuff. I run a mower shop and carb problems is probably 75% of my business. The dealers around me don't rebuild carbs anymore they just replace with OEM. Cha-ching $$$! So i get a lot of gummed up carbs and rotten fuel lines.

Tinker Ty

Threads
Wish i knew who exactly to contact to voice my opinion on ethanol in the fuel.

There are big powers fighting that problem everyday. Kohler is one that has lobbyists literally fighting that very issue. They aren't the only ones either. It's a major issue, one that we don't even see the vast of.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ethanol, clean fuel, dirty business. Had a huge ethanol plant down on the river some years ago, big outfit. ADM bought the place, shut it down, bulldozed the whole place. Controlling the market, owning the government.

wrldtvlr

Threads
We're still fortunate around here. Many commercial stations and the coops offer either straight Regular or straight Premium and blended Diesel (0/100, 25/75, 50/50, 75/25, 100/0). I've been running straight fuel in my SUV just for the mileage improvement.