2019 Gravely ZT34 fuse blowing out

oldgringo

Forum Newbie
Threads
This mower has less than three hours use. I stored it about two years ago and brought it out about a month ago. The fuse continues to blow when I engage the PTO even with the PTO wire disconnected. I pulled the PTO cluctch and cleaned it up it was rusted together; like new now. I tested the capacitor on the PTO connection wire and it is good to go, All of the switches checked out just fine (PTO, Parking Brake, Seat. The engine starts and runs well. I haven't been able to test the relay but I don't see how that could be the problem. While checking the wiring Inoticed that the positive battery cable had worn thru (even in such a short time/apparantly installed incorrectly by whomever assembled it prior to my purchasing it new).I taped it up and relocated it. I'm wondering if it could be the regulator on the 19hp Kohler engine. Has anyone run into this problem and maybe even have a fix.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
There no capacitor in PTO circuit. It appears that you got short to ground somewhere between the PTO switch and the PTO clutch if you are disconnecting the PTO clutch and it still blows the fuse. The clutch field is call an Actuator on the following schematic.

1660664756010.png

oldgringo

Forum Newbie
Threads
This mower has less than three hours use. I stored it about two years ago and brought it out about a month ago. The fuse continues to blow when I engage the PTO even with the PTO wire disconnected. I pulled the PTO cluctch and cleaned it up it was rusted together; like new now. I tested the capacitor on the PTO connection wire and it is good to go, All of the switches checked out just fine (PTO, Parking Brake, Seat. The engine starts and runs well. I haven't been able to test the relay but I don't see how that could be the problem. While checking the wiring Inoticed that the positive battery cable had worn thru (even in such a short time/apparantly installed incorrectly by whomever assembled it prior to my purchasing it new).I taped it up and relocated it. I'm wondering if it could be the regulator on the 19hp Kohler engine. Has anyone run into this problem and maybe even have a fix.
Thank you for replying. I have checked on that and apparantly it is part of the wiring harness. I will order the harnes and let you know the outcome. I believe it was a later add on that prevented problems due to clutch wear and so on, and that I can run the mower without it. I will probably give it a try.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Electric PTO's often have a diode in the wiring to protect the wiring from the spikes that happen when turning them on or off .
That is probably what you are seeing .
As it has been laid up for years I would be checking all of the wiring, including under the blower housing for mouse damage .